PlaceLab is an open source geospatial data processing tool that simplifies and automates the tasks of loading, extracting, translating and auditing of your spatial and non-spatial data.
- generate map layers from corporate databases (spatial and non-spatial)
- perform spatial data analysis
- audit the quality of your data (eg, check for discrepncies, unmatched records, invalid attributes, etc)
- convert between data formats (Esri SHP, MapInfo TAB, DXF, KML, CSV and others)
- load data into spatial databases (SQL Server 2008, PostGIS, Oracle Spatial)
- export tables from spatial databases into native GIS formats for fast access
- generally automate many of the tasks that GIS Administrators find themselves doing on a regular basis.
PlaceLab is built on the popular open source toolsets GDAL/OGR, SQLite and SpatiaLite. PlaceLab provides a user-friendly graphical user interface, integrated logic, and powerful batching capabilities to cater to the widest range of ad-hoc and routine spatial data management tasks.
Contact Groundtruth to find out how you can put PlaceLab to work in your council’s GIS.